I’ve already declared my love for sweet potato pie. But I bet you didn’t know sweet potatoes can make other delicious desserts. Seriously they’re versatile. After seeing a few recipes for pumpkin whoopie pies I decided to make a sweet potato whoopie pie. What I got was a deliciously moist whoopie pie that can definitely hold it’s own in a bake off. These didn’t last very long in my house. That’s how good they are.
Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chilled sweet potato mashed
1 large egg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients except the sugar. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture until just combined.
- Use a spoon or small cookie scoop to drop dollops of the cookie mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 1o-12 minutes until done. Let them cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer mix butter until fluffy.
- Add marshmallow fluff, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mix until you have a light and fluffy filling.