There are few treats that are as nostalgia inducing and iconic as conversation hearts. I have very fond memories of finding little boxes of them stuffed into decorated paper bags during my elementary school years. Sweet. Delicious. Memories.
Now I realize that conversation hearts are an acquired taste but I believe you can’t truly celebrate Valentine’s Day without them. If you do I promise you’re doing it wrong! This sweet treat is a mashup up of two February favorites… chocolate and conversation hearts. Magic happens when you combine them together creating a perfectly festive Conversation Heart Bark.
- 8 oz of white chocolate
- 4 oz of dark chocolate (I used 60%)
- approx. 1/3 cup of large conversation hearts
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- Melt the dark chocolate slowly in the microwave. It’s best to heat the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, stirring until it’s smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate on to a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Use a spatula to smooth out the chocolate. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to harden the chocolate.
- Place a handful of conversation hearts in a plastic bag and crush them with a hammer. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate using the process above. Once it’s smooth pour it on top of the dark chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle the crushed candy pieces on top of the white chocolate before it sets. Put the cookie sheet back into the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Once it has hardened break up the chocolate bark and enjoy!
Are you a conversation heart lover? What is your favorite Valentine’s Day memory? Comment below!